Sunday, 2 March 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge - Nails.

All of you beady eyed people will realise I didn't participate in the last challenge, cause to keep it straight to the point I was having a shit week! So I'm back and I'm raring to go. The challenge, going by the title is "Nails" this week. You can do any post you want as long as it involves nails, from nail care to your nail polish collection, to nail art - which is what I'm going to be talking about today.

When I first started my blog and wrote my "About Me" page I stated that my blog would occasionally involve nail art, I've had my blog since June last year and guess what? Still no nail art posts, well done on keeping your word Natalie. However, do not dwell as it's here at freaking last! I done nail art at college and not going to lie some of my designs were absolutely crap - and some were not so bad, like anything I need to be in the right mood to be creative and come up with good designs, and if I'm feeling creative but lacking creation I take to youtube tutorials and they tend to give me some good inspiration, especially the channel cutepolish , the designs on there are insane but super easy to follow if your lacking knowledge or what not. It's probably obvious but all the designs I have done are done free hand and all the ones pictured are first attempts, which I'm proud of for being so. I've actually not done any nail art since last summer because I usually only tend to do nail art in the summer and usually stick to a block colour in the winter but that's just my preference, however if you want a step to step guided post on how I achieved any of the following looks (some are self explanatory) then I'll be sure to do that for you, I promise! 

blue/black flames/ 3D bows/ suit&tie/ city skyline/ swirls/
diamonds/ stripes/ sigzag/ stripes/ flower/ sigzag/
british flag/ scottish flag/ stripes&dots/ leopard print/ stripes&peace sign/ crackle effect/
cancer research symbol/ candy stripes/ mickey mouse/ line design/ flower desgin/ paint splats/
B/ arbie/ <3
-images are my own / taken on iphone-

my favourite ones! - all first attempts.
-images are my own / taken on iphone-

6 comments:

  1. Uber cute designs! I haven't got steady hands at all so I'd suck at these haha. Maybe I need to give nail art a go to find out and see! xx

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out, I find it soooo much easier doing it on nails that aren't my own, especially when it comes to tricky designs! haha, but yeah definitely give it a try :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. wow love all these designs well done! x
    Sophie Jenner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also follow cutepolish, it's one of my favourite youtube channels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so good, she's soooo blummin talented!

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.