Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday - Week Five.

This week has yet again been a rubbish week I've been eating out of total boredum cause I've had like five consecutive days off work - not good! I'm determined to start getting back into the swing of things though and I'm going back to a fitness class tomorrow after work. When I don't have the chance to go to a fitness class though I'm going to make sure I do one of my fitness DVDs. So I decided I'm going to do my best and worst fitness DVDS that I have as I have 6. The main theme of theme is dance cause I danced for 12 years of my life so if you catch on to a theme it will be that one haha. I'll tell you what's good about them, what's not so good and what I rate them out of 5. I've started with the DVD I got first up to the one I got most recently.


  
Dance it off with Vicky Binns
The good: there's 4 different workouts so you can focus on all areas of the body. There's also an eating plan which you can follow and the routines aren't overly hard to follow.
The bad: Vicky isn't really in the limelight anymore so if you want someone more current as inspiration this isn't the DVD for you. Also if your not a fan of dancing - again it's in the name. It's also a bit slow on getting started.
Score: 3 out of 5.


Clubland Work It Out - 
The good: It's high energy workout which will make you sweat, again it's based around dancing and "clubland" so you can expect fab music (if your into that type of music that is haha). It also give you alternative options for some moves if the move is too difficult to follow.
The bad: Well I don't really have a bad for this DVD, the only down side is if you don't like dancing and you don't like the music featured e.g N-Trance - Set You Free, Cascada - Because the Night, Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles - Discolights, Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music etc.
Score: 4 out of 5.

Step Up: The Official Dance Workout -
The good: Great music yet again, easy to follow moves. Great if your a fan of hip hop style dancing.
The bad: A bit of a jumble, felt like it was overly structured. Takes far too long to get into.
Score: 1 out of 5.


Charlie Brooks' Before & After Workout -
The good: The workouts totally work your muscles and they can be done in a matter of 10 minutes as there is 5, 10 minute long workouts to follow. Easy as pie to follow as well and there's also an eating plan which you can follow.
The bad: The music really isn't that interesting if that's something that would bother you, it didn't bother me though.
Score: 5 out of 5.

Pussycat Dolls 2: Dancer's Body Workout -
(told you that you'd see a dance theme)
The good: Easy to follow routines, makes you feel sexy, great songs to dance to if you are/were a fan of the PCD and the fact it's the creator of the PCD that shows you the routines is a bonus.
The bad: Can be a bit risque and if you can't get your inner diva out of it's shell it's probably not one for you as it's all about having an attitude when dancing.
Score: 3 out of 5.

The Only Way is Essex: The Essexercise Workout -
The good: It only has 3, 20 minute workouts which are super easy to follow but totally work, I done this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was in agony - clearly it worked my muscles. It also has several special features, including healthy eating and what to wear to workout - plus many more. Again it features great songs (I'm a sucker for a good song, can you tell?)
The bad: Not good if you not a fan of TOWIE let's face it. Other than that I really can't fault it.
Score: 5 out of 5.


Winner: Charlie Brooks' Before and After Workout - sharing top spot with TOWIE: The Essexercise Workout.
Loser: Dance it off with Vicky Binns.


If you've tried and tested any of these DVD's and disagree be sure to let me know, also if you have any more questions on these then let me know and I'll be happy to answer if I can.


Change in Weight (since previous Wednesday)
Stayed the same this week.

4 comments:

  1. i have never tried this :) great post dear ! Would you like to follow each other on GFC and on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should give them a try, or at least one of them :) and yeah sure i'll give you a follow!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I actually have the charlie brooks dvd! Thinking I may have to bash it out. I've " dieted" before and i know after a few months I tend to plateau and I hate it and then thats when I think I lose interest so I'm going to bust out the gym and all my hardcore work out when I can feel my weightlost slowing down so i can step it up a gear and kick start the weight loss again! :D

    Sorry you had a lame week babe, its a nightmare when your off work, i find the opposite problem lol I can not eat at all on my day off but wanna scoff my face at work lol.. AHHHHH foood problems lol

    Hope this week goes better for you bubs :) heres to a good result for us next week!
    mwah

    Lucie // Fatbeautyx // Youtube // Lime Crime Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should definitely try it out! that totally sounds like a plan, the fitness classes are so much fun too - i find the gym can get quite boring sometimes.

      and aw god i totally wish i had that problem but sadly not :( haha!

      thanks lovely , well done on your loss it was fab!

      xxx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.