Saturday, 14 December 2013

Lip Voltage - Worth It?



What is "Lip Voltage" ? Lip voltage is basically a lip filler in gloss version, no needles but still plenty of pain - that's exactly how I'd describe it to an alien. It uses peptides to create the look of a "filled" lip lasting up to 24 hours. You create your own intensity by mixing , one - two or even three drops of the gel into the gloss and applying like you would lip gloss. I'm not going to lie when I say this, it's the most agonising pain I've ever experienced! I felt like I was pouring scolding hot water over my lips for at least the first 10 minutes, I genuinely needed a fan to cool myself down. But the results as you can see are phenomenal, I basically have no top lip to begin with and in the after picture there is a huge difference.

Apparently it's a favourite amongst celebrities - the first person I saw use it was actually Holly Hagan from reality tv shore Geordie Shore. So if you want to give it a try , at £15 it won't break the bank and it will give you a plumped pout, but as the saying goes - "No Pain, No Gain" and you need to pretty much go by that saying if you want to use Lip Voltage.

You can get it from Wrinkle Regime but at the moment it's out of stock, any local salons to you will probably stock it as it seems to be the "in" thing just now.


Verdict? I'd buy it (as I trialled my friends to begin with) but use it sparingly, at £15 there isn't much to loose. 

4 comments:

  1. after comparing it to boiling water on your lips u'd still buy it?? hahah maybe it's true, no pain no gain, after all ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha when you put it like that it sounds so silly, but yeah i would - exactly no pain no gain!

      xx

      Delete
  2. ouch! Haha this stuff sounds aweful! I use a Mac highlight pigment on my cupids bow with lipgloss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know but it's in the name of beauty! lmao, and oh does that do the trick? I may have to buy that and give it a try then! xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.