Monday, 21 October 2013

MOBO Awards 2013.

If you've yet to watch this years MOBO Awards this post will contain spoilers so please do avoid so that I don't ruin your viewing pleasure.

If you hadn't guessed by the title of this post I was at the MOBO Awards on Saturday the 19th of October at the newly built SSE Hydro in Glasgow - which for those who don't know what either is, the MOBO Awards are a music awards show that was originally based in London, but now it takes place between Glasgow and Liverpool (it switches every year) and this year it was my home towns turn, yay! It was a fun fuelled night and the place was packing with celebrities!





It was the 18th Birthday of the MOBO Awards this year so it kicked off in style at the Hydro - for those who aren't aware of what the MOBO Awards are, they are the "Music of Black Origin Awards" which were created in 1996 by CEO Kanya King MBE to help the urban music culture to get recognised in the music industry. The most famous of faces have won awards or performed during the ceremony over the past 18 years and Saturday night was no exception. Since 1996 the awards had been held in London that was until 2009 when the awards were brought to Glasgow for the first time, and then again in 2011 so it was good to have it back for a third year as we don't often get big events in Glasgow as they usually take place down in England. 

This year did not disappoint and all the big names in the industry turned up in force. We had the likes of Tinie Tempah, Naughty By ft. Sam Smith, Iggy Azalea, Laura Mvula, Rudimental, Jahmene Douglas ft. a gospel choir, Ms. Dynamite ft. Shy FX, Fuse ODG, Aluna George and then last but certainly not So solid Crew all preform for us and they all smashed it (especially the latter but that may just because I have a soft spot for Harvey haha)!!    



The winners of the night  are as shown below: Best African Act – Fuse ODG  (presented by: Eddie Kadi)

Best Album – Home, Rudimental 
(presented by: Tinie Tempah & Iggy Azalea)  

Best Female in association with Tresor Paris – Laura Mvula
(presented by: Stooshe)

Best Gospel – Lurine Cato 
(presented by: Mandem on the Wall, from E4 series "youngers")

Best International Act – Kendrick Lamar 
(presented by: not shown?

Best Jazz – Sons of Kemet
(presented by: Sarah Crawford, Dj & MOBO presenter)

Best Male –
Wiley  (presented by: Gabrielle & Katy B

Best Newcomer in association with HTC – Krept & Konan 
(presented by: Jazzie B) 

Best Reggae Act – Sean Paul  (presented by: Trevor Nelson - Dj & MOBO presenter)

Best RnB/Soul Act – Laura Mvula 
(presented by: Craig David)

Best Song in association with PRSforMusic – La La La, Naughty Boy 
(presented by: MKS - the original Sugababes) 

Best UK Hip Hop/Grime - Tinie Tempah 
(presented by: Ashley Banjo - Diversity & Kimberley Wyatt - Pussycat Doll)

Best Video in association with SBTV - La La La, Naughty Boy 
(presented by: Lisa Mafia, Jamal Edwards & Tarmac

BeMOBO Award –
The Stephen Lawrence Trust  (presented by: founder Kanya King)



Okay so it didn't let me have a proper collage to do this so I had to crate a scattered one - this is what I wore and the makeup that I used - as you can probably see from the picture I opted for a natural makeup look with a bold red lip - I also kept my outfit colour coordinated going for a cream and black look - I opted for heels as it was an awards show and we had seats near the vip so I didn't want to go casual in case I was on TV haha! But I will tell you something... NEVER again will I wear heels to a concert, even if I do have a seat ha! I'm trying to concentrate this post solely on the MOBOs and I'll maybe do a post of my makeup look a bit more in depth - so if you would like to read that please do leave a comment.Also in the post I'll include a section about my outfit - even though I'm not actually all that fashionable but I did quite like my outfit for the MOBOs haha. Even though I did end up leaving the venue in my bare feet - gross!

I'll lastly comment on the SSE Hydro as a new venue I feel it lacked severe seating in the canteen areas (which we were told was to deal with the volume of people the arena will receive through its doors) - myself and my friend, Mark ended up sitting on a staircase due to no seats being available outside the actual arena - and I sure as heck wasn't waiting outside as it was raining, we were then approached and then got given bands to enter the hospitality suite for a free trial to bring peoples awareness to it, this is where we did get seats - I feel severely sorry for anyone else in my situation who had heels on and couldn't get a seat, in this case I was super lucky but I can assure you I won't be this lucky next time round and will opt for flats, also the toilets where based on the first floor, not very convenient if you're desperate for the loo haha, but other than that slight down fall the arena is massive, the staff are friendly and helpful and the hospitality suite is beautiful if you're lucky enough to get access to it!

Anyway I've blethered on a bit tonight, hope this post was quite insightful - and remember to comment if you would like to see a post soley on my makeup and outfit.    

2 comments:

  1. Great post! something different and interesting to read :)

    I have a new post on my blog if you wanted to check it out :)
    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks misses!
      yeah definitely i'll check it out later on once im on the comp!

      Natalie xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.