Monday, 7 October 2013

40 Beauty Questions Tag!

I've recently taken to reading to blog posts on the way home from work on the bus as it seems a lot more convienint and then at night I have another quick snoop before bed, today I came across this tag on Emma's from "The Brunette Beauty" blog and found it quite interesting and she tagged everyone in it - so I'm also going to do the same, you can read Emma's by clicking here.


How many times do you wash your face daily?
Usually the once in the morning then cleanse tone & moisturise then I usually end up having a shower or bath at night anyway which means I'm then washing my face for a second time. 

What skin type do you have? (dry, oily or combination)
It's actually combination but every so often I get severe dry patches that flake far too much for my liking so I've just had a wee sneaky purchase of "Let the Good Times Roll" cleanser from Lush, wich has a slight exfoliation to it (and popcorn smell) making it the best cleanser I've tried to date.

What is your current facial wash?
I just use water and sponge then I cleanse tone and moisturise.

Do you exfoliate?
Yeah I use "Let the Good Times Roll" cleanser which has a slight exfolation to it twice a week (then normal cleanser the rest of the week) and then I do a full body exfoliation once weekly.

What brand do you use?
Exfoliater? Lush or .. I'm sure it's a Body Shop one.

What moisturiser do you use?
RAD by Environ - contains an spf 15.

Do you have freckles?
I have a couple of random ones.

Do you use eye cream?
Nope I do not.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No, thankfully!

Did you ever use ProActiv?
Nope.

What foundation do you use?
Rimmel Wake Me Up or M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid.

How about concealer?
Rimmel Wake Me Up or one from a palette I have with no brand name.

Do you know your undertone colour?
I actually have yellow, red and blue undertones to my skin I'm that weird, no word of a lie haha!

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love them but I used to think the bigger the better until recently I've went au natural on myself haha!

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeah I did actually but I don't , tut tut! (p.s does anyone actually do this?)

What brand of mascara do you use?
L'Oreal Million Lashes.

Sephora or Mac?
M.A.C as we don't have a Sephora in the UK. 

Do you have a MAC Pro-Card?
No (sad face).

What make-up tools do you use in make-up application?
I use Royal & Langnickel makeup brushes, Jane Iredale Bitty Brow eyebrow brush and my beloved Real Techniques buffing brush.

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yip I have the Dainty Doll (by Nicola Roberts - of Girls Aloud fame) eyeshadow base "Frankie Girl".

For the face?
I occasionally use Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer but I'm dying to try Revlon Photoready Primer.

What is your favourite eye shadow? (Colour or Shade)
Ohhh, I can't pick on in particular but just now I'm really liking golden colours. 

Do you use pencil or liquid eye-liner?
I like liquid or gel as they tend to stay put for longer. 

How often do you poke your eyes with an eye liner pencil?
One too many times tbh haha!

What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
They're lovely when on but just a bit of a mess putting them on in the first place haha.

Do you use mineral make-up?
I have used it as it was what I trained in when I was at college, the only thing mineral I use now is my eyebrow shadow but I have no problems with mineral makeup.

What is your favourite lipstick?
Maybelline - Midnight Plum.

How about lip gloss?
Rimmel Colorburst - Embellished.

What is your favourite blush?
Sleek Rose Gold.

Do you buy make-up on e-bay?
I've bought a eyeshadow palette and a concealer palette.

Do you like drug store make-up?
I sure do.

Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
I have no idea where any are or I'd be there like a shot.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Well I have my HND in Beauty Therapy so I have been trained in the makeup side but I'd love to do makeup artistry.

Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
Nope, I think you can always tell if someones makeups been rushed - not a good look! 

Name a make-up crime that you hate?
-Foundation line on the neck. Enough said.  - That was Emma's answer but I couldn't have put it any better myself.
Do you like colourful shades of make-up (lipstick, eye shadow) or neutral tones?
I like both I tend to switch it up quite a bit, dark eyes neutral lip, or vice versa.

Which celebrity always has great make-up?
I always like Jessie J's makeup, or going with the obvious.. Miss Kim K herself.

If you could leave the house with just ONE Make-up item, what would you use?
Mascara.

Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
I have done but I hate it, especially in the winter as I have redness on my cheeks, well just above my jawline which resembles a rash and it looks so much worse in winter so I like to cover it up.

Do you think you look good even without any make-up on?
Hahaha no, I barely find myself "good looking" with makeup on never mind without.

In your opinion, what is the BEST make-up line?
For high end I really like Illamasqua and M.A.C or for drug store I'm all for Rimmel.

What do you think of Make-up?
I love it, and I can actually happily say it's something I know a lot about after doing my beauty course.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel Wake me up Foundation too! Great day to day pick. I think your pretty gorgeous! Hope you will in time too!!!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great, I used to be addicted to a no7 boots foundation but it dried my skin out so much, but the rimmel wake me up has been such a good change! And aw thanks lovely!

      Natalie xx

      Delete
  2. I still often use Mascara ive had for about a year haha, never had any problems though touch wood ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha definitely touch wood lol, i do it all the time lmao! xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.