Sunday, 25 August 2013

Top 5 Go To Lipsticks.


Okay, so I know I said I'd get back into blogging regularly again and as some of you may have noticed I haven't blogged since almost 2 weeks ago, but unfortunately there was a loss of a family member so I had no time to blog so hopefully you all understand! Anyway, lets get on to happier things...
Aka random blog post on my top 5 go to lipsticks. I've decided to do this blog post because I tend to get complimented on the lip colours that I use. During this blog I will let you know which is my "main" go to lipstick and which is my "least" go to out the 5 even though I wear them all quite regularly. I will also tell you the price/colour/make/texture and it's longevity.



Illamasqua - colour Scandal - £16.50
This was one of my first Illamasqua products purchased after I attended a master class at the Glasgow, St Enoch counter with a makeup artist called Mika, how buying this particular lipstick came about was I had my prom coming up and I was wearing a aqua coloured dress (see last blog post) and I had no idea which lip colour would go with this as I knew I wanted a brown/golden toned smokey eye and voila, I was introduced to "Scandal". I like this product but it's very matte and even put it on is quite tough on the lips I think however, once blended with a lip brush it looks amazing and is a very summery coral colour! I'd say as much as I love this colour however it's one out of 2 that I am least likely to wear just as I find it dries my lips out quite a bit and after a short period of time makes my lips appear patchy.




Maybeline Color Sensational - colour Midnight Plum - £7.19
This is my every day lipstick, I don't see a lot of people where I stay try a purple lip regularly but it's one I rock daily, I would actually go as far to say that a purple/plum lip is my signature look. Using this lipstick the most it's always one I go back to as this is the nicest plum colour that I have found which lasts a good while before I need to top up. It's very soft on the lips, creamy textured and has a slight shimmer in it - although it's a strong colour it's not too strong and could be pulled off by anyone willing to try it I think.


M.A.C - colour Nicki Minaj Viva Glam (1) - £ 15
In this picture the lipstick looks orange, do NOT be mistaken it's pink!! It has the slightest orange undertone but if you know who Nicki Minaj is you'd know this was a pink anyway cause she's all about her pink lipstick! I'm unsure whether to say unfortunately here.. as this product is Limited Edition, however I bought this last year maybe? and it's still available to buy. Anyway this product is silky smooth on your lips, a very cream based product and also very bright for all those who want to stand out like Nicki! Also a good thing about this product is that a small donation from each purchase goes to charity. The product doesn't last too long on the lips though and transfers on to cups/cans/glasses etc quite a bit.



Barry M - colour No62 - £4.49
So although the previous colour was bright nothing beats this Barry M colour, again the picture doesn't do it justice (I really need to invest in a good camera as I'm currently using my iphone). It definitely is a serious eye catcher and is one you'd wear if you wanted to be noticed hence why it, alongside the Illamasqua lipstick is one of the ones I wear the least - as you can tell I like to stand out with my lip colour however, this one I wear on nights out where I wear an LBD as it gives it a dash of colour. It, like the M.A.C lipstick is seriously creamy and leaves your lips feeling super moisturised. Another good thing about the Barry M lipsticks is that there is several colours in the range and don't break the bank! Again this product transfers really easily being so creamy but I would say this lasts longer than the M.A.C one before a top up is needed.

Avon - colour Plum Gorgeous - price unknown
This was my first plum lipstick which I found from the Avon catalogue (unsure if this is just a British thing but anyway for those who don't know it's like a cosmetics/bits and bobs catalogue). I couldn't find any nice plum colours and to begin with didn't really want to go to severe anyway and this lipstick was great for that as it has a champagne colour mixed in with the plum. Again this products moisturising on the lips and randomly smells quite "cherry" like (random for being a plum colour) and although I can't remember the price it wouldn't have been any more than £5 being from Avon no doubt. Perfect for a plum pout for those just starting off! And surprisingly for being most likely the cheapest product in the bunch it lasts a great deal on my lips longer than any of the dearer priced lipsticks do (minus the Maybeline lipstick).





















Swatches of all lipsticks mentioned in this blog.
Picture taken in Natural Sunlight.


Hope you enjoyed this post,
- remember all feedback is welcomed and any blog posts you'd like me to do you can let me know in the comments.

Love, Natalie xx















8 comments:

  1. These are all such pretty colours!

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/ <-- please check out our blog!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And cool, I'll have a look.

      Natalie xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah me too, it's super bright though!

      Natalie xx

      Delete
  3. What lovely lip colours!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog:
    http://www.beautrina.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks!
      And oh thank you, I'll do mines soon as I have a minute!

      Natalie xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah me also, just a shame it dries my lips out a good bit though :(!

      Natalie xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.