Sunday, 11 August 2013

Lush Review

I thought to come back to blogging there was no better way other than to blog about my favourite things in life "a là lush products" which I was first introduced to by my cousin (which I am forever thankful for). I will admit the 6 I am about to blog about are the only ones that I have tried as I always go back to what I like but I will definitely try more out for the purpose of blogging so if you have any which you would like reviewed leave a comment for me and I'll try to get it done for you as soon as!

So I have no particular way I'm setting this out other than the way it's written in my "blogging book" so here goes ..


Soft Coeur Massage Bar.
This cute heart shaped massage bar is to die for! The smell which it gives off is not something I would usually go for as it contains Cocoa butter, Almond oil and Shea butter, with some Honey and Cocoa powder thrown in there too! With all them in the mix it is quite a strong, rich smell where as I usually prefer more fruity, sweet smells but the fact it does what it says on the lid - which is to massage, over powers the smell, it melts with your body temperature which you can feel within seconds of holding the bar. It also has small bits of chocolate in the bar which you can also rub over your body, some people may find this messy but 1) it can be rubbed in and 2) it's also a small proportion of the bar so don't let it put you off. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this product when I'm done with this one. Also, at £4.75 I would say this is a small price to pay for a great product!

Honey Bee Bath Bomb.
I love a good bath bomb, and this one I think tops all bath bombs which I have tried (including and excluding Lush bath bombs). When trying this product out however, I am gutted to say I couldn't quite get full use of it as I had a cut on my elbow so couldn't put it in the water as it nipped like hell, but I'm pleased to say this left the rest if my body silky smooth. I'm also sure that I'm correct in saying that this bath bomb would be good for anyone with eczema as it contains Honey and Aloe Vera, I know manucka honey is good for eczema so not quite sure how this works? But the Aloe Vera would be calming for it, as previously stated I would NOT recommend this for anyone with open/weeping eczema. At £3.15 I would say this is worth a try especially before a night out were you'll be getting you're pins out as this will have them super moisturised!

Doing this one slightly different (names below).
Think Pink Bath Bomb (top left).
Looks girly and smells girly! If you're all about Vanilla this is the product for you as it contains Vanilla absolute, Lavender oil and Tonka absolute, however, although it looks fab and smells it too (making you're bath water nice and pink) it has a downfall, it contains pink confetti hearts which at the time seem a great idea but not when you go to clean your bath afterwards (messy job) but to be fair at £2.50 it's a good buy if that's what you're looking for. Also I am allergic to Lavender oil but it only contains small amounts that I was assured it would be fine to bathe in and it was! 

Creamy Candy Bubble Bar (top right).
By farrrrr my fave smelling Lush product ever! I know I said earlier in this post that I wasn't too fond of Almond oil and Cocoa butter, but clearly it's a whole different story when Vanilla absolute is in the mix cause this smells devine! The name of the product gives away the smell , candy , I would go as far as to say this is the ultimate definition of a Lush product. Oh, and for those who don't know and/or aren't familiar with Lush or this product the purpose of the Lush bar is to create bubbles as you break a chunk off and crumble it under a running tap. This does the job and then some and at £2.50 it's a steal.

Space Girl Bath Bomb (bottom left).
I feel truly sad to say I didn't get to bathe in this bath bomb as the water went cold and I certainly wasn't bathing in cold water however, the product smelled absolutely gorgeous and is the only product I have brought home that my mum has considered taking from me. It's nice and fruity and contains Grapefruit, Bergamot and Almond oil, and kind of in a way reminds me of the sweetie (candy) parma violets. It also made my bath water a nice lilac colour and contained poppin' candy which fizzed away for a good few minutes which made me think of a space ship hence the product name I guess. Having not had the chance to bathe in this I would repurchase as at £2.10 there's not much to lose.

The Comforter Bubble Bar (bottom right).
This is the second dearest product on my list at £4.25 but it's double the size of the rest. When purchasing this (the first time round) I was told I would get 4 uses out of it but I seem to have got a lot more than 4, still producing a great amount of bubbles each time (I always think it's a good idea to break a small bit off then add to it incase you end up with too much, which I have learned from experience - I will add a pic at the end as evidence haha). Anyway this product contains Cassis absolute (black current), Bergamot and Cypress oil but the Black current is the most obvious smell upon smelling this product. As I have said already I have re-purchased this and will continue to do so as I love this product.

You can find all of these products at: www.lush.co.uk or www.lush.com if you stay out with the UK/Ireland.


Hope you enjoyed this come back post,
Natalie xx

Evidence of over doing the bubbles with The Comforter hahaha!

5 comments:

  1. great reviews! i really wanna try the honey bee bath bomb now!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/200-follower-giveaway-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw it's amazing, I totally recommend it!

      And aw that's great I'll have a look thanks!

      Natalie xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to sound daft but how do you use the massage bar? Is it just like a bath bomb? (sorry I've never brought one before hehe) it sounds interesting! Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't sound daft at all so don't worry about it! You literally just hold it in your hand and rub it on whatever body part you want to massage and it's as simple as that really. I use it outside the bath but I don't see any harm in using it in the bath as long as it's not in the water.

      Natalie xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.