Thursday, 29 August 2013

August Favourites.

Okay so I know it's a bit late in the day to be starting a "monthly favourites" when it's half way through the year but hey ho, better late than never.


To start with, one of my favourite things I've been using this month is this Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in 005 Silky Beige, I wasn't really ever a powder user so to speak, but after seeing this raved about all over beauty blogs and on youtube I thought I had to buy it to see what all the fuss was about as I had just bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and since we're in the summer months my skin has been that wee bit more shinier so I've been using this over the foundation to take the shine away which it has done and has made my skin appear flawless, and on the plus side it was only around £4 mark from my local pharmacy (chemist).


Another thing which I had been seeing all over beauty blogs etc have been "Real Techniques" brushes and basically if you haven't heard of them well where have you been? have you been living under a rock recently? This brush is the Expert Face Brush. This brush range was created by Samantha Chapman - from Pixiewoo , all you avid youtubers watchers like myself will know of Sam (and if not you may know of her brother Jim). This is my first and only Real Techniques brush so far but I will definitely be purchasing the rest of the set as they do the job to a professional standard and are also soft on the skin. They also aren't too badly priced for being such great brushes, worth the recommendation.


This powder blusher is from Illamasqua and I recently got it in their sale. I think it was £10 in their sale and usually retails for £18. The left hand side picture is with the flash and the right hand side is with the flash off, the colour of this is a pink with an orangey undertone and is really quite dark if too much product is applied so I would say start off lightly and then build up the product so you don't end up looking like co co the clown. That said it's one of the best blushers I've used, really pigmented and long lasting - so worth the money, on or off of sale. Also, for anyone looking to purchase this blusher it is called "Sophie" .

I feel this is quite random to be blogging about when the rest of the products are makeup based but in August I feel this has been something I've used quite a lot. For those who are wondering what this is it's a glass nail file which I received as a gift from a family member a few years back so I have no idea where it's from but I'm sure you can pick them up in a high street store / drugstore for a less that £10 which is relatively cheap considering they can last years. As far as I'm aware once you've used it you run it under a cold tap to clean it and stop it from clogging and that's it ready to reuse. Since I've not being wearing artificial nails recently to give my natural nails a break I've used this to keep them at a workable length and strong. If you don't already have one you should look into buying one as there's nothing to lose. - as I have no idea where mines is from I've found an online site where these can be purchased, they have loads and are all lovely, you can find them if you click here.

Something I picked up at the start of the month was this small eyebrow kit costing only £2.99 from a "B&M" store in the high street which for anywhere that doesn't have a "B&M" it's basically just a bargain store which sells lots of different things and I saw this little "W7 Eyebrow Kit". I know W7 isn't a big brand name and some of their products can be quite poor quality , at £2.99 I just went ahead and bought it as usually I just stick to the same eyebrow kit with the one colour in it. However, upon trying this product I was surprised how pigmented the colours were for it being such a cheap product (as seen in the picture above). The colours on my hand left to right are numbers 1 to 4 labelled in the powder on the actual product, the left hand side picture is with the flash and the right hand side picture without. I'm now super glad I gave this product a chance and think I'll be using it more often - the product comes with a small brush however I don't find it worked that well so I've been using one I already have so maybe look into getting another brush if you don't already have one and want this product. Also for anyone wanting to know, the colour I've been wearing is number 3, the dark brown. (They also aren't named by colour but I'd say 1- blonde , 2- light brown , 3- dark brown , 4- black).




Natalie xx 








  









2 comments:

  1. the rimmel powder is soo good!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, I swear by it now which is funny considering I never used to really bother about powder!

      Aw sounds good, I'll have a nosey just now misses.

      Natalie xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.